astrangerinstorybrooke asked: Have you ever considered thought that, in the end, Regina is going to be the hero and Snow is going to be the villain? She has already been showing sure signs of a selfishness that revolves around her happiness and hers alone and a hatred for Regina still evident. If Swan Queen is end game, I'm sure Snow's initial reaction would not be pleasant.
That would be an amazing plot twist! While some fans would expect it it would still be a bomb. I mean so far it’s pointing out to be that way! With the new promo who is to say Snow will not throw a temper tantrum at the fact that “OMG Regina, you are so evil, how could you not regret ruining my wedding?” and so the feud continues because we need drama.
Being inherently selfish is a huge character flaw. The problem is that it’s so subtle, in certain circumstances, that nobody notices. Or if they do they are afraid to speak out against Snow. Happy spoke and he was shushed by Grumpy.
Snow’s selfishness it’s evident to the audience first and not so evident concerning the other characters. Selfishness it’s a bad character trait, that would destroy a family because you do not care about anyone but yourself and in the end you destroy the people you love. Since darkening her heart, most of Snow’s actions have been done from a selfish motivations - sometimes you need to read between the lines, other times it’s clear. Let’s see:
1. Finding Regina with the tear - it was to appease her own conscience and make a good deed so she can erase that dark spot in her heart. The intention was purely selfish and as such I doubt that she erased that dark spot.
2. Her wanting to have a baby. It’s incredibly selfish. Wanting a baby for the sake of expanding the family is not a selfish reason no it’s selfish because she wants to replace Emma, because Emma is not enough and she wants a baby that she can raise the way she wants - she does not want an adult child, who grew that way because of her. You know what the sad part is that she made the decision after Emma told her she’s not used to having people put her first. Watch that episode with the Neverland arc in mind and you will see the light bulb in Snow’s head - I can have a do over, I don’t need Emma.
3. They are on the island to rescue Henry, Henry is dying and there is a limited time in which they can get Henry’s heart. She’s only concerned with OMG Rumple is gone so David is stuck. Mind you David is not about to die. He can leave on the freaking island. Henry has his life hanging by a thread, only kept alive longer by Regina’s magic and all Snow thinks is David is stuck on the island. You can see the difference between Snow’s selfishness and David. David is like “it’s ok all that matters is Henry” snow is like “Screw you guys, I want to go home and I want a do over baby”
4. She knows her daughter has severe abandonment issues, she knows her daughter has even bigger problems on the island, that she feels like an orphan. Yet she still fails to put Emma first yet again. She is not willing to sacrifice for her child. Regina sacrificed everything for Henry, who was not even biologically hers but the child of her enemy, and she did it because she loved him and all she saw was a child who needed a mother that loves him. Snow is told repeatedly by Emma and she can see it in Emma yet she refuses to make any sacrifice for her own flesh and blood
If we go back in time:
1. her selfishness and desire to have a mom, makes the king propose to Regina.
2. Her taking Regina’s ring and putting it around her neck in a “oh it’s pretty now it’s mine”
3. Fake Excalibur - on what basis did she start a war with Regina? Her right to the kingdom was as fake as that shoddy sword.
4. War against King George? WTF was that all about? It wasn’t her kingdom and it wasn’t even Charming’s - David was an imposter, a double of his brother James - they had no reason to start a war with George. But then again George was an easier target than Regina since George had no magic.
5. Putting Emma in the wardrobe is the icing on the cake. She did not do it to save Emma per se she did it so that Emma can find them and break the curse. It’s funny how Emma never blames Regina for her fate, but Snow because ultimately it was Snow who condemned her to a lonely life just so that Snow could get her own happy ending back. Snow knew it will take 28y - I’m pretty sure she knew. The risk she took was huge and not something a sane mother would do. For all her evil deeds Regina would never do that to her child. On the contrary Regina sacrificed everything for Henry, her work, her happy ending, her life (she could have died if not for Emma).
Snow was always selfish and now that she has that dark spot it becomes more obvious. She needs to have someone put her on the right track otherwise Regina’s wish might come true and Snow will single handedly destroy her family without Regina having to lift one finger.
What I would like is for someone to call Snow on her bull, and not how Pan did it (why did you have to interrupt Regina? Why?). No a serious talk in which Snow is shown her true colors.
Evil Snow doesn’t seem that far fetched. Evil comes in many shapes and forms. Some more obvious, some not so obvious - the greatest evil is the one you fail to see because it can create so much damage before you even realise it’s there.
Regina is the Batman of OUAT. Her methods are unorthodox but she saves the day and hey you know what? Batman is a hero and so Regina can be one too.
"Evil comes in many shapes and forms. Some more obvious, some not so obvious - the greatest evil is the one you fail to see because it can create so much damage before you even realise it’s there."
(Source: coffeenotes, via oursoulsareone)
(Source: rubyandmoon, via oursoulsareone)
Got the pocket scavenger